RECIPES - Vegan Sweet Potato Patties
Watch out with this recipe - vegans and non-vegans alike are known to devour these patties. If you don't have sweet potato, just use regular potato.
- 800g potatoes (or sweet potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon SESAME KUMARA spice blend
- 1 cup of finely chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock or sea salt
- 1 level tablespoon cornflour
- Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes (If you use sweet potatoes you will need approximately 10 minutes).
- Drain and when easy to handle peel.
- Mash when still warm.
- Combine with ginger, spice, mint, vegetable stock and cornflour.
- Divide into 20 portions
- Form into patties
- Chill for 15 minutes
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick frying pan
- Fry potato patties in batches, 3 minutes on each side, till golden and crisp
- Serve drizzled with your favourite sauce alongside a fresh salad or some steamed veggies