Here are answers to questions our customers have asked us. Most of these facts are on our website but this is a quick guide.
Should you have a question that is not answered below or anywhere on our website please do not hesitate to ask – remember there are no silly questions. Just send us an email and we will be happy to respond within 24 hours.
Are your curries FODMAP friendly?
- Yes, they contain 100% pure spice. No onion, garlic or ginger.
What is your hottest curry?
- Mangalorean Beef – you can use this spice with other meats. We use it as a rub on salmon - 1 teaspoons per cutlet with some sea salt then pan fry. You can also use it as a rub with fish or to make a stuffing; in a prawn curry with tomatoes/coconut milk or in a chicken curry.
How much spice do you need to use?
- All our packs are designed for 2 kilograms of the main ingredient – meat/fish/veggies. If you are cooking less, say 500 grams, please us 1 level tablespoon of spice. You will of course in this case, have to adjust the sauce ingredients accordingly.
- If you prefer things mild please halve the spice recommended.
How do I store my spices?
- Spices should be stored in a cool, dark place
- Our recommendation: in a tupperware container in the fridge
How long do spices last?
- Spices really don't get bad - they do however lose some of the aromas associated with volatile oil. Whole spices will last you up to 3 years. Ground spices will last for 2 years date from the date of manufacture.
What do I do if my spice turns lumpy?
- We do not use any anti-caking agent so this could happen if moisture gets in contact. This will not affect the flavour of your curry. Simply mix with a little water and fry with a little oil till the water evaporates.
Are your spices imported?
- There are only a few spices (coriander and mustard) that are grown in Australia. We rely on imported spices but source and then roast and blend small batches here in Australia.
Countries posted to:
- We post to most countries around the world. Your postage will be calculated automatically at checkout.
- AUSTRALIA - POSTAGE IS FREE, if your order is for A$50 or above.
- If under, then the postage is A$8.50