Recipe - Veggie Stir Fry Noodles
This is our absolute favourite and we cook it at least once a week. It's a very forgiving recipe and tastes good with any quantity and mix of delicate veggies that you have. The secret is in the sauce. This recipe will serve 4 adults and is best served immediately.
1) Prepare the veggies
- finely slice carrots, green beans, red/yellow pepper, celery (you can add some frozen prepared veggies if you have them handy).
- Finely chop 2 spring onions. Keep the white bits separate from the green.
- Chop 1" fresh ginger into matchsticks (this is optional - we love ginger).
2) Boil the noodles
- Check instructions then cook 440g noodles (Hokkein, Udon, whatever you have. I have even used 2 minute packs).
- Drain and set aside.
3) Stir fry (when ready to eat):
- Heat a heavy wok then add 2 tbsp vegetable oil and the white part of the spring onion and 1 tsp crushed garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Now raise the heat and add the previously chopped veggies. Stir fry for about 3 minutes till the carrot is tender.
- Now add in 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, 1/4 cup soy sauce and 2 tsp Sesame oil. Toss to coat veggies.
- Now add cooked noodles and mix with veggies.
- Empty onto a platter or into individual bowls.
- Garnish with the previously chopped spring onion and finely sliced ginger or any herb of your choice.