Spinach, Lettuce and Pea Soup
It is a bit too cold for a salad but we had to use up a sad looking Iceberg lettuce so we made this soup using what’s in the fridge. You can substitute with whatever veggies you have available with this recipe.
It’s delicious served with crusty bread or on its own.
- Melt 40g butter in a pan.
- Add 2 medium, finely chopped, leeks.
- Add 1 litre of water and 1 tbsp stock powder and bring to the boil.
- Stir in 2 finely chopped potatoes. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add 2/3rds cup frozen peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 finely shredded iceberg lettuce and 15 English spinach leaves.
- When slightly cool blend.
- Stir in 300ml cream
- Garnish with your favourite herb - we used dill.