Turnip / Rutabaga / Swede / Neep Curry
This is a hearty curry, for a cool autumn dinner, when this vegetable is in season.
- Peel and dice 700g Swede* (2 medium sized)
- Heat a pan then add 2 tbsp cooking oil and 1 small, finely chopped onion.
- Stir-fry on medium heat till the onion is golden brown
- Now add 2 tsps crushed garlic, 1 tsp crushed ginger, 1 cup water and 2 level tbsps Parsi Sweet & Sour spice.
- Stir fry on gentle heat till the water evaporates.
- Now pour in 400g crushed tomatoes, 2tsp sea salt, 2tsp palm sugar, 1 cup water, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar.
- Bring this sauce to the boil then add diced swede/potato/celeriac.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with freshly cooked rice or Naan.
*You can use a mixture of Swede/Celeriac or Swede and Potato (if using potato let the Swede cook for 10 minutes and then add the potato.