GARDEN ROSE JAM
This is a beautiful present to make - it can be used in so many different ways besides as jam on toast. Try it as a topping on ice cream or yoghurt. Decorate your cakes with it. Garnish your desserts - this is pretty on a white Panacotta.
- Wash 3 cups (70g) of rose petals or use 1 cup dried rose petals
- In a heavy-base pan, combine 3/4 cup (180g) caster sugar and 1tbsp (15g) Jamsetta
- Now add the washed rose petals and 1/2 cup water.
- Set your flame on medium-low and stir constantly till the sugar is dissolved.
- Now stir in 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- Raise the flame to medium and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and pour jam into a sterilised* jar. If you would like a jelly, strain the mixture into a jar.
- This will keep for a couple of months in the fridge or you can freeze portions.