ROASTED RED PEPPER DIP
Our recipe for this Roasted Red Pepper Dip will win everyone's hearts with its charred mediterranean flavours mixed with the pungent Indian spices, tempered by the oil.
If you have an abundance of peppers (capsicums) in the fridge, this is a great way to use them up. The dip makes great home-made gifts because well, there's nothing like an edible gift right?
- Slice 8 red bell peppers (capsicums) into quarters
- Remove seeds and pith
- Place on a baking tray
- Season with 1 teaspoon sea salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Sprinkle over 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place in preheated oven and roast until slightly charred, approximately 50 minutes.
For Blending & Seasoning
- Take the baked peppers (capsicums) out of the oven and place into bowl.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Hand blend them into a puree.
- Heat a casserole dish then add 1 tablespoon olive oil, add 1 teaspoon Panch Phoran.
- When the mustard seeds pop, add 1 level tablespoon Tomato Kasaundi and the pureed baked peppers (capsicum).
- Cook for 10 minutes on low heat then stir in 1 cup tomato sauce
Serve with roasted veggies or chips.
Adapted from a recipe by Freda Shafi.