RECIPES - Veggies
GREEN SOUP (Caldo Verde)
This simple soup from Portuguese Goa is enough for 8 as part of a shared meal.
- In a large pot, place 4 medium sized, peeled potatoes roughly chopped (into tiny about 2 cm pieces), 1 medium sized onion, 85 grams of chopped kale, 6 cloves of garlic and 1 - 2 teaspoons salt.
- Add 1 1/2 litre of water (or vegetable stock) and bring the soup to a boil.
- Cover then simmer for half an hour or more till the kale is tender
- Blend with a stick blender till the soup is smoothe and creamy
- Pour into a serving dish and stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 a cup milk (optional) a pinch of nutmeg and pepper to taste.