RECIPES - Veggies
CUMIN POTATOES (Jeera Aloo)
A great recipe when you haven`t gone shopping and all you have are spuds in your pantry. Serve with pita bread (hopefully you have a lot of them in your freezer).
- Boil 3 potatoes in salted water. Peel when cooled. The cut into small cubes.
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil (or 2 tablespoons ghee) in a heavy-based pan
- Add 1 tablespoon cumin seeds and sauté till they turn a dark brown
- Now add previously boiled, cubed potatoes and stir-fry for 10 to 15 minutes on medium-high heat till tender.
- Stir in ½ teaspoon chilli powder, ½ teaspoon turmeric and 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Turn off the fire and allow it to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.