RECIPES - Samosas (Singaras)
FILLING: Follow the recipe for the filling of the Samosas from the back of our Baked Samosas.
PASTRY: For the pastry you can use filo pastry (2 sheets together) or puff pastry as follows
- Heat oven to 200°C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place one of the pastry sheets onto a floured surface
- Cut into 4 squares
- Place a tablespoon of mixture on one half of one of the square in a triangle shape
- Spray lightly with water then press edges together to form a triangle
- Seal by crimping with a fork
- Place the triangle on the prepared baking tray. Repeat till all the pastry is filled
- Brush the samosas with egg wash or milk
- Sprinkle sesame or poppy seeds and press in lightly
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes, till golden brown then take the tray out of the oven
- Slide the baking paper with the samosas on to a wire rack. Allow to cool then serve with our coriander pesto or tomato sauce.