Recipes - Rice - Poha a tasty breakfast or snack
- Place 2 cups beaten rice (Poha) in a colander. Rinse and leave to drain.
- Heat a pan then add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and 1/2 cup shelled peanuts.
- Stir fry for about 1 minute then add 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 finely chopped onion and 1 sliced fresh green chilli (so you can fish it out at the end in case you don't like it hot) and about 6 fresh curry leaves.
- Stir fry, on a medium flame, for about 2 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Now add the rinsed poha, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric and salt to taste.
- Stir fry gently till all the ingredients are mixed, for about 2 minutes.
- Serve garnished with freshly grated coconut and 2 sprigs of coriander finely chopped. A dash of lemon juice is optional.