RECIPES - Pocket Patties With Chicken/Lamb Mince
A great snack for when the kids come home hungry from school or when you have friends over to watch the game.
500 grams chicken/lamb mince - (you can also use chicken breast but then grind together the garlic, sea salt, spice, chilli and coriander)
1 fat clove garlic finely chopped
1 level tablespoon EASY PEASY spice blend
1 cup of finely chopped coriander leaves (use mint if using lamb mince)
2 finely chopped green chillies (optional)
1 teaspoon chicken stock or sea salt
1 beaten egg
1 cup breadcrumbs
- Form into patties into the size you like (about 1 cm high)
- Chill for 20 minutes minimum
- Heat 1-tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick frying pan on a bit higher than medium heat.
- Fry the patties/chicken breasts for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Allow to rest
- Serve in pitta pockets with your favourite salad.