GOAN CHRISTMAS CAKE (Baath)
- In a heavy based casserole dish, boil 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar till the sugar dissolves
- Lower the heat, then add 1 cup milk, 1 cup semolina and 2 cups desiccated coconut
- Stir till the liquid is absorbed by the dry ingredinets
- Turn off the heat then add 3 tablespoons butter
- Set the mixture aside to cool, then whisk 5 eggs till light
- When the mixture is cold add the beaten eggs and 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, ½ cup ground cashews and ½ cup sultanas
- Cover with a damp tea towel/cling wrap.
- Rest for 3 hours minimum (overnight if possible)
- Line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Transfer the cake mixture then bake for 20 minutes at 160 C.
We take this opportunity to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and a splendid time with your family and friends. We are very grateful for your support and encouragement.
May 2013 bring you good health and happiness in abundance.