RECIPE - SPICY APPLE CAKE
SPICY APPLE CAKE
This is an easy but delicious cake to make when Granny Smith Apples are in season – no mixers required.
- Heat oven 180C
- In a glass mixing bowl, melt 125g butter in a microwave for 30 seconds then stir into apples.
- Peel, core and chop apple 3 small Granny Smith Apples (about 300g) into bite sized pieces.
- Place chopped apples in mixing bowl with 3/4 cup sugar (250g).
- Beat 1 egg with a fork.
- Add egg to apples and mix well.
- Sift together 1 ½ cups self raising flour, ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp mixed spice, 1 tsp cinnamon into the apple mixture.
- Now stir in 2 tbsps sultanas.
- Grease a cake tin.
- Empty crumbly cake mixture into tin and flatten with a back of a spoon.
- Bake for 50 – 60 minutes.
- Serve warm, with a drizzle of fresh cream.