Recipe - PINAGR
This is a delicious and easy to make Goan Christmas sweet.
- Wash, dry then Roast 180g Goan Red Rice for – minutes
- Set aside to cool
- Grind the seeds of 3 Green Cardamom pods
- Grate 200g dark Palm sugar
- Grate 1 tsp fresh ginger
- In a heavy base saucepan, place grated Palm sugar, ground Cardamom and 130g Freshly grated coconut (available at Indian stores)
- Cook on low heat till the palm sugar melts. Then turn off the stove
- Allow to cool slightly then add the roasted rice a little at a time
- When cool to the touch form into 3 cm long rolls with oiled hands
- Dust with some reserved flour
- Serve with Rose tea.