Recipe - Gulkand (Rose Jam)
This simple recipe is used in Ayurveda. It has a number of benefits as there is no cooking to destroy the therapeutic value found in roses.
- Collect 20 roses - the colour doesn't matter.
- Wash, them then pluck the petals.
- Layer the petals n a glass jar, with sugar (same weight as the petals).
- Keep the glass jar in the sun for 5 to 7 days (the petals will start to cook in the sunlight).
- Rest at room temperature for 5 days.
- Strain and allow to sit for 5 days.
- At the end of this you will find it turns into a jelly which can be used on toast or to garnish/flavour any dessert.