RECIPE - BASIL & CASHEWNUT PESTO
We had a surplus of Basil this summer, which led me to make this very tasty relish/dip. Unfortunately, you need to finish it quite quickly so make half the quantity. If you make the recipe as it appears below, you can gift jars or form ice cubes and store for a few months.
Serve fresh as a dip, dollop onto potatoes or stir into pasta.
- Wash, drain then spin dry 4 cups basil leaves
- Place in a food processor together with 2/3 cup cashews/pine nuts.
- Pulse several times till mixed.
- Now add 6 cloves peeled garlic, 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan, ½ tsp sea salt and ¼ tsp black pepper.
- Pulse several times till the garlic and Parmesan are mixed in with the basil.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Turn on the processor and stream in 1 cup virgin oil to emulsify the oil.
- Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.