Lentils & Pulses
In India, lentils and pulses are consumed on a daily basis, but with so much variety, you feel as though you are eating a different dish every time, even if the base ingredient is the same. They are a reliable source of protein for the millions of practising vegetarians, but are also incorporated into meat dishes as a complimentary addition.
Here are some of our favourite pulse recipes for you to try, savour and keep:
- Palak Dhal (Spinach and Lentil Curry)
- Chana Dhal (Split Pea Lentil Curry)
- Jeera Tadka Dhal (Cumin Seed Tempered Lentil Curry)
- Dhal Makhani (Buttery Dhal)
- Khichdi / Kitchari (Rice and Lentils)