These Kale crisps are a winner if you are looking to convince someone to eat this vegetable, especially if they are trying it for the first time.
Here is a simple recipe:
- Wash the kale and let it air dry over night so there is no added moisture
- Heat oven at 150C
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper (if you don’t like washing up).
- Strip the leaves into long strips (this makes it easy to apply oil).
- Pour 1/2 tbsp Olive oil into a small bowl
- Use your finger tips to coat the topside of the leaves.
- Then tear the leaves into finger length pieces.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp garlic flakes/salt and 1 tsp sea salt/Himalayan and mix well.
- Spread leaves in a single layer - you may need 2 trays.
- Place in oven and set timer for 10 minutes.
- Check if the tray needs to be turned - I interchanged my two trays as I found the lower tray was more cooked.
- Bake for a further 5 minutes then serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with chilli powder or grated parmesan. Serve immediately.
Image: Before the kale goes into the oven
Image: Once cooked, toss the kale with chilli powder and parmesan