CHICKEN MINCE KEBABS
Kebabs are the perfect summertime dish which can be made into a meal with the addition of Lebanese/pita bread, a fresh and tangy salad and some hummus or raita on the side. We almost always add a side of frozen chips/wedges for the kids. And by the kids, we mean us.
- Soak 12 wooden skewers in water.
- In a blender, place 1 large roughly chopped onion, 1 tbsp garlic, 1 tbsp ginger, 1 green chilli (optional) and 1 tbsp Korma spice.
- Grind till the onion is pureéd.
- Place 1 kg chicken mince in a bowl. Then add the pureéd mixture, 1 beaten egg, 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander and 2 tsp sea salt to it.
- Mix and form into 12 equal parts.
- Form into kebabs along the skewer.
- Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Then shallow fry, on medium high heat, for 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with a fresh salad.