Recipe - Banana Cake
This is the easiest cake ever. You can change the flavouring from cardamom to vanilla. Replace the walnuts with almonds and the oil to butter and use soft brown sugar (which we prefer) instead of caster. Whatever your choices, it will be a delicious cake too.
- Heat your oven to 150°C
- In a blender place 2 large speckled bananas, 3 eggs (room temperature). ½ cup oil (we used macadamia), 1 cup caster sugar, 1 cup yoghurt.
- Purée for a few seconds, till homogeneously blended.
- Now stir in ½ cup desiccated/fresh coconut, ½ cup chopped walnuts and 1 tsp cardamom powder (6 whole Green Cardamom, shelled and the seeds ground).
- Sift 2 cups self raising flour.
- Gently fold in the flour with a spatula.
- Butter/oil your pan then dust with flour.
- Pour in the batter.
- Bake at 150°C for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool then slice and serve.
Note: If you would like a sweeter cake then please go ahead and pour over a frosting of your choice.