BAKED CAULIFLOWER with LEAF SAUCE
Do you throw away the leaves surrounding a Cauliflower? Please don't they are really tasty and nutritious. Eating nose to tail can be applied to veggies too, especially these leaves which are full of antioxidants and an excellent source of iron.
- Heat your oven to 150C
- Wash then separate the Cauliflower from the leaves.
- Pour a cup of water into a baking tray and place your Cauliflower on it.
- Rub on 1 tsp sea salt
- Baste with 1 tbsp olive oil
- Bake for 1 hour
- Chop the leaves and stalks finely
- Heat a pan then add 2 tbsp of oil, 1 finely chopped onion and fry till the onion is translucent and starting to go brown.
- Now add 1 tsp Korma spice, 1 finely clove garlic, a 20 cent piece of ginger, 2 green chillies and the finely chopped cauliflower stalks.
- Stir fry for a minute then add 200ml coconut milk.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Cool, then purée.
- When ready to serve pour this sauce over the Cauliflower
- Garnish with crushed pistachios - I used 12 - this is optional.
NOTE: I kept part of Cauliflower uncovered so the kids could eat it too.