Tandoori Chicken/Lamb Chops
Tandoori spice casts beautiful orange hues over all that basks in its flavour.
The word tandoor refers to the cylindrical clay (and more recently, metal) ovens traditionally used across India and other parts of the world.
This dish is trans-seasonal and can be cooked on a barbecue and served alongside a salad in warmer months or prepared in your oven and accompanied with couscous or rice in the cooler months.
We recommend serving this dish alongside NOGO Sauces' tantalisingly tasty Eggplant Pickle and some fresh salad too.
- In a glass bowl mix together: the juice of 1 lemon 1/2 tablespoon crushed garlic, 1/2 tablespoon crushed ginger, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 level tablespoon of our Tandoori Spice Blend.
- Add 500 grams chicken thighs (cut in halves) or lamb chops and coat with marinade. Marinate for 1 hour, preferably overnight, in the fridge.
- When ready to cook mix in 2 tablespoons olive oil or 1 tablespoon ghee
- You may BBQ or bake the chicken in a preheated oven 250 degrees for 15 minutes
- Serve topped with NOGO Sauces Eggplant pickle with a side of salad.