Chai-Spiced ANZAC Cookies
You will love our recipe for ANZAC cookies as they are made with a traditional twist! We promise that you'll be baking these in larger and larger batches because the secret ingredient is just delightful!
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 90g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 85g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 100g (1/2 cup) dark coconut sugar
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp of our Chai Latte spice blend
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper
- Combine the oats, flour, sugars and coconut together in a large bowl.
- Gently heat the butter, golden syrup and water in a small saucepan until the butter melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda, then the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Take level tablespoonfuls of the oat mixture and roll into balls. Place them approx. 5cm apart, on the lined trays. Flatten them to about 1cm thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden.
- Leave them to cool for 10 minutes then place on wire racks to cool completely.