A vibrant vegan curry that you can have ready in under 30 minutes? You don't want to miss the tadka part, which is what brings this curry to life!
For the Curry:
- Slice 3 large beetroot’s into batons.
- Place in a medium cooking pot with a 450ml can coconut milk.
- Bring this mixture to a boil.
- Then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons Jhalfrezi spice.
- In a small pan heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil then add 1/4 mustard seeds.
- When they start to pop, throw in 1 or 2 broken dried chillies and curry leaves from one sprig. Turn off stove when the curry leaves change colour.
- Pour infused oil over cooked beetroot.
- Stir just before serving